The Medjiditabia Fortress

The Medjiditabia Fortress is one of the best preserved examples of the Ottoman fortification from the middle of the XIX century. Today this Fort is the only facility  left from the Silistra fortress. Its construction took place in the period 1840-1853 according to the plan of the Prussian officer Helmut von Moltke and under the direct leadership of colonel Krach. It is a  part of a total of eight fortifications aimed at protecting the approaches to the city.
 
In the fortress you can see the temporary exhibition ‘The Fates of Silistra in the XV-XIX centuries.’
Work time

April - October

Every day from 10:00 to 17:30 o’clock

Contacts

Medjiditabia Fortress

Kalipetrovo village 7539

Phone: 0878 967468


Link to the best route to the fortress in Google Maps: https://maps.app.goo.gl/TUcCyNKv5tcHQcRn7

museumsilistra@abv.bg

Entrance fees

- Adults – 5 BGN
- Pupils, pensioners, students  -  2 BGN
- Talk -  6 BGN

Archaeological and Ethnographic Exposition

- Adults - 3 BGN
- Pupils, pensioners, students - 1 BGN
- Talk – 6 BGN

Visit to three sites – 8 BGN

Family visits /2 adults and 2 children/
- Archaeological exposition + Ethnographic exposition + Medjiditabia fortress – 20 BGN
- Archaeological / Ethnographic exposition / + Medjiditabia fortress – 15 BGN
- Archaeological + Ethnographic exposition – 10 BGN

© 2021 Regional Museum Of History - Silistra. All rights reserved. Design by Madhouse Studio